You can eat your way along 1st Street while listening to live music at the Taste of Downtown East Village, March 6 to 7, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., in the East Village Arts District.
Pre-sale tickets are available online for $10 (pack of 12 tickets), $20 (pack of 24 tickets) and $30 (pack of 36 tickets). Tickets will also be on sale at the event for $1 each.
The sample dishes will vary in price, with most ranging from two tickets to five tickets. Here are the participating restaurants and the fare they are serving up:
- ASHA - Chicken Tawook, Falafel, Tabouli Salad, Hummus
- Auld Dubliner - Guiness Beef Stew, Shepherds Pie, Bread Pudding
- Beachwood BBQ - Pulled Pork Sliders with Tangy Cole Slaw, Pulled Chicken Sliders with Tangy Cole Slaw
- Buono's Pizzeria - Gourmet & Traditional Pizza, Eggplant Parmiggiana, Farfalle Alfredo with Chicken & Broccoli
- Cold Stone Creamery - Mini Ice Cream Pies, Ice Cream Cupcake, Ice Cream Sandwich Sampler, Ice Cream Cake Slice
- Creme de la Crepe - Sweet Crepe, Savory Crepe
- Gladstone's - Lobster Mac-n-Cheese, Chocolate Martini Delights
- Hooters of Long Beach - Boneless Wings, Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Kabob Curry - Chicken Tikka Masala, Basmati Rice, Naan, Mango Lassi
- Michael's Pizzeria - Lasagnetta ala Bolognese, Polpette al Forno, Mini Calzone
- Reef Restaurant - Ahi Poke, Mini Short Rib with Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Reef House Punch
- Rocco's Italian Deli - Meatball Sliders, Rigatoni Di Rocco
- REVIVE Juice Bar - Organic Juices
- The Greenhouse - Banana Bread, House Blend Coffee
- Tropicalata - Mini Cuban Sandwich, Guava & Cheese Empanada, Potato Ball, Cuban Chorizo, Arroz con Gandules, Black Beans, Tropicalata Drinks
- Utopia - Samba Salmon, Penne Curry, Garbazo Cucumber Salad
- Village Grind - Chinese Chicken Salad, Mini Chicken Salad Sandwich, Sample Wraps, Coffee/Tea/Hot Cocoa
- Wine Down Lounge - Shrimp Cocktail, Pork Sandwich, White Bean and Eggplant Dip with Pita, Mini Creme Brulee Tarts
The Taste of Downtown event is sponsored by the Downtown Long Beach Associates and begins on 1st Street between Linden and Elm avenues.
Moonsville Collective will provide live music while Brushstrokes & Beverages will offer art classes. East Village Association will have bike valet services.
Other Taste of Downtown events on the calendar include Taste of Downtown on Pine Avenue, June 5 and 6, and Taste of Downtown at the Waterfront on Aug. 28 and 29.